Ms. Farstad, our teacher-librarian runs our library and teaches all our primary students both literacy and practical skills. Students have even learned a variety of Scouts knot tying skills recently. Ms. Farstad participates on two book selection committees for Surrey Schools and reads over 400 books a year! She brings this love of literature to all our students and classes spend time enjoying and talking about the latest and greatest books available! She can be reached at email@example.com
There are 3 great ways you can support our school library:
- Donate books your kids have outgrown! We have a used book swap in June when we stop circulating library books to take a complete year-end inventory. Send in books that no longer interest your kid/s, and they can bring home ones to keep that they’ve never read!
- Purchase a title from the list below, and donate a book to our school library collection. The listed series are always in demand, and the individual titles will increase our representation of titles supporting our diverse community.
- Any Mo Willem Piggy and Elephant book!
- Any new graphic novel for kids or young adults, especially Dog Mans, Cat Kids, Captain Underpants, Babysitters Club, or Babysitters’ Club Little Sister.
- Warriors series (graphic or text – there are lots of text ones) – not The Prophecy Begins series (we have them)
- Manga or Animé for kids or young adults.
- Non Fiction books about cats, dogs, horses and cool/scary/cute wild animals.
- Beginning or Levelled Readers from popular toys and TV shows or movies, like superheroes, Barbie, Pokémon, etc.
- Hello Neighbor series by Carly Anne West (graphic or text)
- Any gaming handbooks
- Where’s Waldo or I Spy books
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- A Wish in the Dark by Christina Soontornvat
- A Wolf for a Spell by Karah Sutton
- Planet Omar Accidental Trouble Magnet by Zanib Mian
- All the Impossible Things by Lindsay Lackey
- Amari and the Night Brothers by BB Alston
- Becoming Muhammad Ali by Kwami Alexander and James Patterson
- Black Brother Black Brother by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Cathedral of Bones by AJ Steiger
- City Spies series James Ponti
- The Clan by Sigmund Brouwer
- Clean Getaway by Nic Stone
- Closer to Nowhere by Ellen Hopkins
- Clues to the Universe by Christina Li
- Crossing the Farak River by Michelle Aung Thin
- Don’t Check Out This Book by Kate Klise
- Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee
- Everything Sad is Untrue by Daniel Nayeri
- Five Things About Ava Andrews by Margaret Dilloway
- Free Lunch by Rex Ogle
- From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks
- Ghost Squad by Claribel A Ortega
- The Girl and the Ghost by Hanna Alkaf
- I Can Make This Promise by Christine Day
- If We Were Giants by Dave Matthews and Barrett Smith
- Ikenga by Nnedi Okorafor
- In the Red by Christopher Swiedler
- Jigsaw Puzzle King by Gina McMurchy-Barber
- Jo: A Graphic Novel by Kathleen Gros
- King and the Dragonflies by Kacen Callendar
- Knock Out OR House Arrest OR Redwood and Ponytail by KA Holt
- Land of Cranes by Aida Salazar
- Maya and the Rising Dark by Rena Barron
- Measuring Up by Lily LaMotte
- My Life as a Potato by Arianne Costner
- Once Upon an Eid by various authors
- Pine Island Home by Polly Horvath
- Quintessence by Jess Redman
- Rip to the Rescue by Miriam Helahmy
- Scritch Scratch by Lindsay Currie
- Serena Says by Tania S Davies
- Solving for M by Jennifer Swender
- Some Places More Than Others by Renée Watson
- Starfish by Lisa Fipps
- The Barren Grounds by David A Robertson
- The Campaign by Leila Sales
- The Canyon’s Edge by Dusti Bowling
- The Elephant in the Room by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- The Fabulous Zed Watson by Basil Sylvester
- The Good War by Ted Strasser
- The Last Bear by Hannah Gold
- The List of Things That Will Not Change by Rebecca Stead
- The Space Between Lost and Found by Sandy Stark-McGinnis
- Tune it Out by Jamie Sumner
- We Dream of Space by Erin Entrada Kelly
- When You Trap a Tiger by Tae Keller
3. Donate funds directly to our school library for book purchases. You can donate to Coyote Creek Elementary via the district donation site at, https://surreyschools.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/829/90/false/true
Please be sure to add in the notes section that you would like the funds to be used for library book purchases.
If you want to learn more about our library, keep up with our featured books for Grades 4-7, our themes, and our learning in library for K-3. There is a new slide every week in our Virtual Library (link below). Each slide has links to learning (right now, we’re learning American Sign Language), the books we’re reading, and all things book-related in Surrey Schools!
Thank you for supporting our students’ voracious appetite for new books to read!