Dear families. Thank you for your patience as we know you are all waiting for information about the start of the new year. From the survey we sent out last week, the district has heard from parents and created an additional option for students. Surrey Blended: Elementary Transition Model information is at the bottom of this post. If you are interested in this option, a response is required by no later than 4:00 pm Sept. 8th, through the link below.
The other option available to your child at Coyote Creek is to attend school full time.
Next week, teachers will be spending the 8th and 9th reviewing health and safety procedures, and developing a safe environment for all students returning to school full time. Students do not attend school on these two days.
On the 10th and 11th, students attending full time in grades 1-7 will attend school for one hour in small groups of no more than 10 students following this schedule:
- Grade 1-4 9:00am -10:00 am
- Grade 5-7 11:00am – 12:00pm
Each group of 10 students will be in a different classroom to review health and safety procedures for the year. These small groups are not your child’s permanent learning group. Groups will be finalized and communicated to you via email by late in the day Friday Sept. 11. **It is very important that we have one email for your family we can contact you through. If you need to update your email, please send it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who register for the Surrey Blended Elementary Transition Model will not attend school on the 10th and 11th. They will begin online orientation activities on the 14th, and are scheduled to start in schools the week of Sept.21.
Required Safety Protocols:
- Parents are required to complete a daily health check with their child. If your child has any symptoms of cold/flu or Covid like symptoms, they must stay home. If they present with symptoms at school, they will be isolated and will need to be picked up immediately.
- The parking lot is for staff only with no drop offs and pick ups.
- We are encouraging a drop and go for all students. We will have many staff outside next week to help guide students to the correct classroom. A map will be provided to you early next week, with the classroom your child will attend. All students will enter and exit from their outside classroom door. For pick up, please do not gather outside the classroom door. We must have all people on site maintaining distancing protocols. It would be helpful if you have a designated meeting spot for pick up.
- All schools are closed to the public, including parents. If you need assistance, please call the school.
- It is critical you monitor your email for your child’s small group and classroom location for the 10th and 11th. If this has not been communicated to you by Wednesday Sept. 9th at noon, please call us at (604)597-0858.
- Masks are not mandatory for students in elementary although we encourage their use if you feel it appropriate. All staff will be wearing masks in areas outside of their learning groups.
Our Kindergarten families will receive information specific to their child tomorrow via the email you provided us.
Surrey Blended: Elementary Transition Model Information:
On August 26th, the Surrey School District shared its plans to safely return to in-class instruction. These plans reflect the measures put forth by provincial health experts and the Ministry of Education and include the important steps our schools will take to safely welcome our students back in September.
We are confident in our plans, but we know that many of our families are nervous. In response to parent feedback and concerns, we will be offering an Elementary Transition Program that will available to all families who are not yet ready to have their child return to full-time face-to-face instruction when school begins in September.
This program is a combination of online and face-to-face learning through your local school, with a gradual transition back to full time in-class instruction by January 2021.
For more information on this transition program, please review the following resources:
All parents interested in registering for this program will need to complete this form by 4:00 p.m. September 8, 2020.
Thank you and we hope you are having a great summer.